YAKIMA, W ash . — Eight Central Washington high school students will have their art work displayed in a statewide show in Olympia, having won regional awards at the Educational Service District 105 High School Art Show.
The following work will be displayed from April 7 through May 29 in the Old Capitol Building as part of the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s High School Art Show:
• “Levenda,” graphite art by Toppenish High School senior Eliseo Alcala, whose teacher is Laura Wise.
• “The Lion King,” colored pencil by Goldendale High School senior Alexis Nicole Garner, whose teacher is Scott Gray.
• “Winter’s Wood,” digital photography by Davis High School senior Jose Arciga, whose teacher is Sally Tonkin.
• “Contemplation,” watercolor by Eisenhower High School junior Katie Patterson, whose teacher is Katie Hall.
• “Tools of the Trade,” digital photography by East Valley High School senior Derek Huth, whose teacher is Patty Kinney.
• “Bear,” ink drawing by White Swan High School sophomore Jocelyn Mardel, whose teacher is Jeff Kent.
• “Young Dragon,” ceramic sculpture by Royal High School senior Nathan Perdue, whose teacher is Michael Holmes.
• “Sunrise,” digital photography by Royal High School junior Liliana Moreno, whose teacher is also Holmes.
In addition to those awards, “A Long Way Home,” digital photography by East Valley senior Jessica Munoz, and “50/50 Cents,” mixed media by Goldendale junior Skyler Gray, were named ESD 105 Board Choice Award Winners.
The local show will remain on display through Friday at JA World, 650 University Parkway in Yakima.