As one of the first manfufacturers to consistently produce models with an optical image stabiliser, Panasonic deserve our recognition as the Avant Garde.
Panasonic FX-10 Specification
- Resolution: 6.0Mp
- Image size: 4:3 Aspect Ratio: 2816 x 2112 pixels
- Zoom: 3x optical (35mm Equiv.: 35-105mm)
- Lens: LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT 7 elements in 6 groups
- Focus: Auto Focus System, Normal/Macro 5cm (wide)
- Shutter Speed: 8-1/2000sec
- Flash: Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced Off
- Monitor: 2.5in TFT LCD
- Storage: Built-in Memory, SD/SDHC/MMC
- Power: Li-ion Battery
- Size/weight: Approx. 94.1 x 51.4 x 24.2mm/125g
The Leica lens fitted to the FX-10 will ensure crisp images and the 6Mp resolution will allow you to print them comfortably up to 8×10.
The 21 preset modes will tackle most situations you will find yourself in. A lot of the modes are useful for holidays such as the Portrait, Landscape, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Beach, Sunset and there’s even an Underwater mode, although the camera isn’t waterproof and will need a suitable housing.
The FX-10 is certainly geared towards the family as the modes also include two Baby modes, a Pet mode and has a super easy mode for the young or technophobic.
Suitable for: Holiday snaps, People pics, Family pics, close-ups.
What the other sites are saying:
Cameras.co.uk: “I can’t think of too many better options at this price level if you are after something to tuck into your pocket.”
CNET: “For its price range, it’s a solidly built camera that performs well.”
Panasonic FX-10 Our Verdict
If you are looking for a compact that is very easy to use with a good quality lens and will do nearly everything for you, then get the Panasonic FX-10.
The Panasonic FX-10 costs around £110 and is available from the ePHOTOzine shop here.