• The Lyons High School digital photography students are hosting a reception from 6 to 9 p.m. Monday, Feb. 24, to release their book, “Our Town, Our Story.” The books features students’ photos of the September floods. Students will be on hand to answer questions. The book costs $29. All proceeds go to Lyons Community Foundation. To order a book, email Stephanie Busby at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Book Order.”
• Let’s Ignite a Sustainability Network in Longmont begins at 11:45 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 25, at the Longmont Museum and Cultural Center, 400 Quail Road, Longmont. The event will include a guided tour of “Ignite: The Art of Sustainability” followed by a discussion of organic networks. Bring a bag lunch. Admission is $5 for non-members, free for members. Call 303-247-0193.
•The Longmont Shambhala Meditation Group is hosting its drop-in reading group at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 25, at the Longmont Public Library, 409 Fourth Ave., Longmont. The group will focus on the “The Shambhala Principle” by Sakyong Mipham. Call 303-678-5462 or go to mistnow.org.
•The “Listen to Your Mother” show will be holding auditions by appointment on Wednesday, Feb. 26; Sunday, March 2; and Wednesday, March 5, for this Mother’s Day event that showcases local writers, bloggers and residents reading their own words on motherhood. The auditions will take place in downtown Boulder. Email email@example.com with the subject AUDITION for more information.
• The Hoe and Hope Garden Club will meet from noon to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, at the First Evangelical Lutheran Church, 803 Third Ave., Longmont. Jane Shellenberger, publisher of Colorado Gardener, will share some highlights from her book, “Oraganic Garderner’s Companion — Growing Vegetables in the West.” For more information, contact Mindy at 303-808-3893.
• Abuzz! Beekeeper and Honeybees in Boulder County is at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26. at the Left Hand Grange Hall, 195 Second Ave., Niwot. Boulder County Beekeeper’s Association presidnet Tom Theobald will present on historical and present-day beekeeping as well as environmental changes. Cost is $5. Call 303-684-0468 or go to niwothistoricalsociety.org
• Ghost Encounters is from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 27, at the private room of Perkins, 2051 N. Main St., Longmont. Come listen to real-life ghost stories. The event is free but guest are encouraged to buy food. The event is sponsored by Spooks, Inc. To reserve a spot, contact Sharyn at 720-684-7149 or firstname.lastname@example.org“email@example.com.
• Longmont Public Library, 409 Fourth Ave., presents Team Trivia Night at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 27. Teams must have three or four members ages 12 and up. Register at the reference desk or by calling 303-651-8472
• The Interfaith Quilters of Longmont are hosting a preview night for this year’s quilt sale from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28, at the First Lutheran Church, 803 Third Ave., Longmont. Admission is $5. The quilt sale is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 1, at First Lutheran Church. Admission is $1; those who attend preview night are exempt. Homemade pies and other refreshments will be available. The sale benefits the O.U.R. Center and Safe Shelter of St. Vrain Valley. Go to interfaithquilters.com.
• The Skyline Baseball silent auction and chili dinner is from 6 to 10 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28, at the Longmont Moose Lodge, 2200 Pratt St., Longmont. Tickets are $10 and include admission and a chance to win four Rockies tickets. Call 720-300-7702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Carbon Valley Health Fair is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, March 1, at the St. Brigit Episcopal Church, 110 Johnson St., Frederick. The fair is free. Go to ci.firestone.co.us.
• The Flower Bin, 1805 Nelson Road, Longmont, hosts two free classes, “Companion Planting with a Permaculture Twist” at 11 a.m. and “Preparing your Garden Soil for the Spring” at 2 p.m., Saturday, March 1. Go to theflowerbin.net.
• Left Hand Grange Hall, 195 Second Ave., Niwot, is hosting an open stage at 4 p.m. Sunday, March 2. Sign-up is at 3:45, performers must be high school age or older. Call 720-301-6367.
• The Jesters Dinner Theatre, 224 Main St., Longmont, is holding auditions for “The Sound of Music” and “The Importance of Being Earnest” from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Sunday, March 2, and 7 to 10 p.m. Tuesday, March 4. Auditions for “The Sound of Music” are for all ages, prepare a song and expect to read. Auditions for “The Importance of Being Earnest” are open for ages 18 and younger, expect to read. Call 303-682-9980 for an appointment.
For a list of events throughout the Front Range, go to calendar.timescall.com.